Atlanta, GA

I had covid today is day 14 i know google is awful it has me in so much panic so i came here.. will covid cause brain damage or brain issues im 43,i did lose smell n taste thank you for any advice or calming words? thank you?

Over the past ~ 2years we have seen reports that suggest the germ can go everywhere in the body and potentially cause injury. That said, brain injury/damage is not one of the common sites affected. All people are genetically different in many ways & some will have issues that others will not. I would live life & expect all your faculties to return to baseline level. Worry won't change outcome.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 54 years experience
There are very rare cases of COVID-19 causing major strokes in large arteries, in middle aged people, and 1out of 3 infections result in long-COVID-19 cognitive or emotional consequences during 6 month recovery period. Loss of smell and taste is quite common and seems to return fully in most patients. Work closely with your regular doctor, and follow advice.
Last updated Oct 11, 2021