A member asked:

Ct scan shows 7 x 5 cm biloculated hypodense cystic structure in right adnexae.no pain & i'm pre-menopausal. is surgery needed now or observe further?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Edward Jacobs answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

This mass needs to be removed. The ct should be followed by an ultrasound and a blood test: called "ca125"...It is impossible to distinguish a benign from malignant neoplasm (tumor) based on ct alone. If your ca 125 is elevated, you should consult a gynecologic oncologist (specialist in female organ tumors). Good luck.

Answered Mar 12, 2020



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

Can docs explain what does right cystic adnexa mean-pelvic CT scan?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor