FL

I had a ct urogram done and it came back normal. then i had a cystoscope done and she said she saw a bump on bladder wall. she said it might disappear so lets check it again in three months. why didnt it show on ct urogram?

Dr. Aaron Shapiro
General Practice 8 years experience
A CT urogram uses X-rays to evaluate size and shape of the bladder, ureters, and kidneys. It provides an indirect visualization of these structures. A cystoscopy uses a camera to see the bladder directly. So CT urogram can miss abnormalities that are seen directly by cystoscopy. Thank you for using HealthTap for your health questions!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Joseph Marra
Radiology 30 years experience
Cystoscopy offers a different way of visualizing the inside of the bladder. In my opinion, cystoscopy is better at visualizing fine detail of inside lining of bladder and may see smaller things that can be missed on CT. CT can be useful and also has the ability to see the outside portion of the bladder as well as multiple other organs simultaneously which cystoscopy is not able to do.
Last updated Oct 8, 2021