Puerto Rico

My 12 year old daughter is been sneezing, runny nose and congested the whole day. should i take her to get tested for covid? no other symptoms?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Cold syndrome with the common virus is rare during the summer so if the Covid-19 case is high in your area, she should be tested for quarantine purpose. To be safe, she should be isolated, if possible, in the meantime.
Dr. Juan Guarderas
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
I thinks is wise to test her, this could also be allergic and you would not hurt her if you use Fluticasone or other nasal steroids for relieve with an antihistamine like Allegra or Zyrtec.
Sep 21, 2021
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
Monitor her temperature, provide fluids and screening is recommended for COVID-19. Isolate and if worsening cough, shortness of breath develops, please see your physician. Other causes include allergic rhinitis if there is no fever or the common cold.

Last updated Sep 22, 2021