U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I have symptoms of a runny nose, sneezing and slight body aches. i feel healthy otherwise and would normally continue to work, but given the current covid-19 outbreak i'm concerned about being in contact with others. should i get tested for covid-19?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
URI: Those symptoms are quite characteristic of a simple viral upper respiratory tract infection or mild influenza. You should stay home and not transmit this infection to others. Presence of fever, cough and some breathing issues would be more suspicious of coronavirus infection. If you've been exposed to this infection or live in an area where coronavirus has been endemic, get tested.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 20, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.