5mg adderall. 43 yrs old female. bp normal. first time taking a stimulant, when it wears off and i am trying to sleep i begin feeling my heart beat faster or a tightness in chest. my doc says my body is getting use to it. does this go away over time?

Dr. Christine Hom
The question is, can you continue this dose and its side effects or are the side effects enough to make you stop now? You and your doctor would decide if the benefits outweigh the discomforts, whether a lower dose or a different medication would be better for you. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 17, 2021