U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

A fracture on my hand healed in a displaced/unusual position. it's bothering me the way it looks, and is painful when i touch it, however doesnt really affect my hand movement. what are the ways to fix/reposition the bone?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
The only one option is surgery, I think.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 12, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.