Philippines

I accidentally left the rubber band on my ring finger when i removed it. its numbing and swell a little bit but the color of the skin remain normal. but when i move my ring finger it feels really weird?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 26 years experience
Most likely you have irritated the sensory nerves that run along either side of the digit. It can take a few hours to fade away. The normal color is somewhat reassuring that it is not a major vascular issue, however if it does not start feeling more like "normal" by about 4 hours, it should be evaluated by a Healthcare Provider.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 1, 2021