IL

I had a sonohysterogram last month & it showed blocked tube & hydrosalpinx in the other tube. today i had a follow up hsg & my results both fallopian tubes are normal in configuration with free spill into the peritoneal cavity how is this possible?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
A sonohystograms is an excellent to evaluate the uterine cavity but a less effective way to evaluate the fallopian tubes. An HSG is an excellent tool to evaluate the fallopian tubes but not so great at checking the uterine cavity. In your case, the HSG results will be more reliable to assess the tubes.

Last updated Jun 20, 2021