U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

After a back/si injury x-ray & mri shows thoracic c. fractures, bulge@l-5-s1, tear@l4-l5 & levoscoliosis at l3-l4. after moving new dr say x-ray is normal!? still uneven w/pain & muscle weekness spasms. how do i seek treatment or get diagnosis?!?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
Was spine MRI done second time? A spine orthopedist is recommended and you should obtain all the radiology results on CD when seeing the orthopedist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
I recommend consulting a orthopedic specialist in spinal problems or being seen at a clinic specializing in spinal problems. Bring copies of your xrays and MRI with the interpretations of these tests. You will be examined &any other needed tests will be ordered. You will get a diagnosis and treatment options will be discussed and a course of physical therapy appears to be in order.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 13, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.