WV

I'm 34 only health issues is blood clotting disorder i took lovenox shots in my stomach. other than that i was healthy. my normal weight is 140-150, for the last 3 years ive stayed at 170 i cant seem to loose it! now my right ankle is swelling.???

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
I do not see the relationship between persistent weight gain with the current right ankle swelling. Due to history of clotting (thrombosis) and now with unilateral ankle swelling, I cannot rule out recurrent venous thrombosis on that site although you are on Lovenox (not 100% effective to prevent blood clot). You need Doppler of that leg & ask your doctor to check thyroid hormone at the same time.
Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran
Specializes in undefined
Given a history of blood clots requiring lovenox, ankle swelling is of concern and I agree with Dr. Le regarding a Doppler study.
May 29, 2021

Last updated May 29, 2021