I am takng azor (amlodipine and olmesartan) 5/20 for blood pressure. i have taken it for about 3 years with no problems. now, i see my ankles swelling is azor (amlodipine and olmesartan) the cause?

Dr. George Mathew
Cardiology 59 years experience
Possible.: Azor (amlodipine and olmesartan) contains two drugs- amlodipine and olmesartan medoxomil. Amlodipine can cause ankle swelling. Please check with your md!
Dr. Joseph Newman
Podiatry 33 years experience
It could: Peripheral edema is a possible adverse effect of Azor (amlodipine and olmesartan) use. Talk to your pharmacist and/or physician for more information about this possibility.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 49 years experience
Edema and Azor (amlodipine and olmesartan): Azor (amlodipine and olmesartan) (az) has two medicines, amlodipine (a) and olmesartan (o). A is known to cause some fluid swelling which is made less severe by the o. The fact that you know have swelling, after being on az for 3 years without it, may indicate that you have a new problem that is causing your edema. Speak to your physician about it and she if you both can find an answer to your problem. Good luck.

Last updated Nov 30, 2014