Manteca, CA

Swelling in my fingers, ankles, and legs for the last 8 weeks. i had blood work in august when it began. all normal. on and off pins and needles in my legs and feet. i have swelling on the ankle bone and opposite side as well. is this concerning?

Dr. Richard Greenwald
Podiatry 43 years experience
Swelling legs/ankles: Swelling (edema) at foot, ankle and leg + hand leave an indentation (pit). Edema is consequential to of excess fluid in tissues. Swelling puts pressure on nerves -tingling. Many things can cause this — Kidney, cardiac condtions, diabetes. arthitis. heart failure or blockage in a leg vein, autoimmune diseases, toxins, alcoholism, and infections, and on. Full exam with doc!

Last updated Nov 1, 2020