Long Beach, CA

I been felling tingling sensation in the left side of my neck between my shoulder and my bottom of my head especially when am seating down?

Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 44 years experience
Sometimes, you have some weird symptom acutely with part of your body which you can not explain. If the symptom is transient, do not concern much. If the symptom you described occurs everyday and it bothers you a lot, you may have symptom of cervical spine nerve compression. Next exercise to strengthen paracervical neck muscles may help to alleviate that feeling & changing pillow may be helpful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Generally a pinched nerve in the area of the neck vertebrae by an arthritic spur or bulging disc cause's pain but could also cause the tingling sensation. Another possibility is an irritable nerve itself. If you wish to pursue this further, consult a neurologist for evaluation,testing and advice.
Last updated May 24, 2021