Recently recovered from covid with negative report. i also have heart mr but since last few days my pulse bpm is in 150's however, spo2 levels are normal. i get occasional shortness of breath and palpitations. is it normal? please advise?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

If you're accurately clocking your heart rate, you're having very concerning bouts of tachycardia the presence & nature of which (? atrial fibrillation) should be identified by an EKG while you're experiencing it or by wearing be Holter monitor for 48 hours or an event monitor as an outpatient. Discuss this with your physician ASAP.

Answered 5/11/2021

0 views

Non-sustained bouts of rapid heart rates may not affect oxygen saturation. Episodes of rapid heart rate are of concern and require further studies to identify the type of arrhythmia. Mitral regurgitation is a common cause of atrial arrhythmia including atrial fibrillation. I would urge you to get cardiology evaluation to fully define the problem. Episodes atrial arrhythmia may need drug treatment

Answered 5/13/2021

0 views