ME

I can be wide awake driving and all of a sudden my eyes with decided they want to close and i have to fight them with everything i have just to keep them open. like they are rolling shut i have to jolt my whole body to open them. whats wrong with me?

Neurology 52 years experience
Suggest neurological consultation, as you may well have Narcolepsy, and this can be handled successfully. Would avoid driving until this is all controlled.
Dr. Daniel Schainholz
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Blepharospasm is a condition that causes the eyes to blink and close spontaneously. An ophthalmologist or neurologist can confirm this and recommend treatment. An MRI of the brain is indicated, in case this is something unusual with the brain circulation. If this only happens while driving, then you should not drive until the issue is resolved for the safety of others.

Last updated May 19, 2021