IL

I squeezed a blackhead on my upper lip this morning and now the area is swollen with no pain. every time i squeeze one on my lip it tends to make a whitehead pimple but this is not a pimple and is deeper in the skin. how can i reduce the swelling?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Swelling may be caused by trauma (squeezing) or one of many other issues. Sounds like you really need the help of a specialist Dermatologist. Ask your GP for a recommendation.
Pathology 49 years experience
Do not squeeze pimples. It will not only leave a bigger scar but you can drive the infection into blood vessels. The the swelling will subside, if you get fever, go an emergency department of a hospital, immediately. Visit this site for home remedies for Acne: http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/acne/acne-vulgaris-home-treatment Wish you good health!

Last updated Apr 16, 2021