United Kingdom

I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis and my serum protein blood tests have come back showing a monoclonal igg lambda paraprotein? could this be due to the osteoporosis in my bones or something serious?

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Osteoporosis does not cause a monoclonal paraprotein that remains to be further investigated. Usually workup is completed with the help of an oncologist as such conditions will need to be at least observed properly in time.
Pathology 50 years experience
All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, the information you provided is not sufficient to address your issue. How much paraprotein is there? What is your Hemoglobin and creatinine? Any lytic bone lesions? Wish you good health!

Last updated Apr 9, 2021