Elkridge, MD

I've had many leg tests, right lower leg has narrowing, my toes turn ,red,purple,then black, my right leg below the knee swells twice the size of the left leg and is hot, its painful to walk and sit, no one will help me!! what should i do?

Dr. Jeffrey Stein
Vascular Surgery 39 years experience
This sounds like a primary vascular problem and the swellilng suggests some sort of venous blockage. What type of leg test did you have and what were the results? You might also have some element of arterial disease though that seems unlikely in a person your age unless you have a history of diabetes or premature atherosclerosis. A vascular surgeon would be the most appropriate specialist to see.

Last updated Apr 8, 2021