ZA

I had a stomach bug and went to see the doctor. i was diagnosed with hypertension and prescribed prexum 5mg and given kantrexil antibiotics for the stomach. i have severe pain on my left side just above the pelvis. i go to the toilet but hardly pass?

Dr. Donald Colantino
This lower left abdominal pain, especially if there's associated tenderness, is characteristic of acute diverticulitis of the descending colon. Kantrexil is a nonabsorbable antibiotic and would not be suitable treatment for acute diverticulitis. Absorbable or IV antibiotics are needed for effective treatment. I recommend urgent evaluation, preferably in the hospital emergency room for prompt care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 20, 2021