Raleigh, NC

gi issues for long time: occasional light stool color (lft's normal for the most part). occasional rose red blood on stool and tp. lots of gas. lots of mucus. no diarrhea. no straining. no anemia. plan to see gi specialist soon. possible ibd?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Irritable bowel syndrome can cause the symptoms you describe. The blood you describe may be from hemorrhoids but the GI doctor can make sure that is the etiology. Definitely see the GI doctor for diagnosis/treatment. Try to increase your hydration and fiber intake and see if this helps your symptoms. Best of luck to you!