MA

I have mono. ive had it for two weeks. is it worth it to stop kissing my boyfriend? he and i kissed a lot after i was symptomatic and before i was diagnosed. he hasnt had mono before and cant afford to get really sick?

Dr. Arnold Lentnek
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Too late now Mononucleosis (EB virus infection) is most contagious 2-3 days BEFORE you get symptoms. By the time you get sore throat, swollen nodes, etc, the amount of virus is decreasing. Relax. Nothing you or your boyfriend can do at this point but most people who catch mono have no symptoms. Your boyfriend may have had mono without symptoms years ago and may now be immune