U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dallas, TX
A 41-year-old female asked:

I have a chemical burn in my head frm a perm and my head is swollen how do i treat it without going to the emergency room

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
If there is raw skin/open wound, apply a triple antibiotic ointment, available over the counter, to prevent/treat bacterial infection. Keep the area clean and dry. If you get fever it would be imperative to see a doctor. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 8, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.