Is it recommended for breast milk to be stored frozen and how long can it be stored. i'm currently pregnant and around 6 months after giving birth i have to go away due to work for 3 days, need to ensure that it's safe to consider this method for bby?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Freshly expressed or pumped milk can be stored at different temperatures. On the countertop (ambient room temperature) milk is safe for about 4 hours. In the Refrigerator (36-40 degrees F) milk lasts up to 4 days. In the Freezer (0 degrees F or colder, milk can last up to 6 months.

Answered 3/5/2021

0 views

Dr. Holly Maes answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Breast milk can be frozen and if stored in a freezer attached to refrigerator, is good for 2 months. If stored in a separate, deep freeze appliance then can he stored for 6 months

Answered 3/7/2021

0 views