ZA

I gave birth 3weeks ago and im struggling with my breast milk and ive been giving my baby a formula instead however ive been reading about formula milk and how its not good to give new born babies how true is this? i dont have milk at all

Some basics: The best way to generate more milk supply is to feed more often & more efficiently. Baby gets 80% in the 1st 5min/90% in 10 so feeding 10min/side every 2-3 hrs can push your body to make milk. Formula cuts back the kids need to feed from you. I encourage moms to avoid formula until the milk is well established at 3-4 wks. However, do what you need to do to survive.Baby needs a healthy mom.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.