TX

When i stick my tongue out i can see my epiglottis a little bit. i never noticed it before im breathing fine and all but i just was concerned about because i heard its difficult to see it. should i be concerned ?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
You're Correct: It would be quite difficult for you to see it... but again, you just might be able to get a peek. No need for concern.
Dr. John Bodell
General Surgery 51 years experience
No concern.: It is unusual that you have the ability to visualize your epiglottis. Often this is difficult even with a tongue blade. I would have your PCP confirm that you are OK.
Last updated Feb 26, 2021