OH

i got 4 wisdom teeth removed 10 days ago. if i were to smoke marijuana, would i still be at risk for a dry socket after all this time? of the two holes i can see, one of them is covered in the white substance and the other is about half filled?

Dr. Neil McLeod
Prosthodontics 49 years experience
Try to wait: Smoking dope dries your mouth, by reducung the flow of saliva. It is the saliva that neutralises the by products of bacterial metabolism that can cause a dry socket if the wound gets infected and damages the blood clot. The white plaque over the wound is fine leave it alone. Use a salt water mouth rinse three times a day.
Dr. Binod Verma
Dentistry 39 years experience
Healing and closure of socket does not take place in 10 days.It is not a good ideas to do any type of smoking .Prevention is the key in healing of surgical site (The Socket of tooth )