MA

I was put on metoprolol 25 mg bid for heart palpitations and chest pressure due to my low tsh levels. my synthroid was lowered from 100mcg to 88 mcg. palps was better 80-100 at resting but will go up to 130s with light activities is it normal?

Dr. Steven Back
Cardiology 9 years experience
Palpitations: It is unclear if what you are describing is normal or not. It depends on what your heart rhythm (electrical pattern on ekg) looks like at the fast heart rate, if you have symptoms and what your exercise capacity is. A cardiologist and a heart monitor can help sort this out. Hope that helps!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 23, 2021