PA

Can quitting smoking cold turkey cause chest pressure and shortness of breath for a few weeks to months? all my labs and tests were normal for heart and lungs and clots im starting to feel a bit better now but i could barely stand to wash dishes befr?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Smoking cold turkey: I have never taken care of anyone who smoked cold turkey. ;-) Eaten it yes. But stoping smoking cigarettes all of a sudden can be very upsetting. Nicotine is VERY addictive. Glad you are feeling better and your risks of getting it dying from heart and lung problems is much improved already. Keep up the good work! As one who used to smoke Cigs I know how hard it is.

Last updated Feb 19, 2021