Canada

I have endometriosis for 20 years now and many surgeries as treatment for this. i now have and its rapidly getting worse, leg and hip pain. large lumps i can feel deep in the back of my thighs where my hips are and down the way to my calves. help?

Dr. Alan Lasnover
ENDOMETRIOSIS: Endometriosis doesn't usually manifest as hip or leg pain, or as what are probable enlarged lymph nodes in your hips--you may have two problems. The treatment of endometriosis depends upon whether or not you want children. If not, at your age, a total hysterectomy with removal of tubes and ovaries, and eventual addition of estrogen therapy might serve. Please see a trusted Gyn ASAP.

Last updated Feb 18, 2021