Ashland City, TN

my cd4 count went from 75 to 72 between oct and jan. recovery from covid. yet my cd4 percentile went from 7.2 to 10.7. cd3 percentile went up too. strange. that normal?

Dr. Arnold Lentnek
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Yes: A change from 75 to 72 is no change at all - the test is not that accurate. If the test was run on the same sample twice in a row it could indicate a similar variation. Viral infection (including coronavirus) may affect the lymphocytes in your body, so these changes can be due to coronavirus. The CD4 count is very low and you are prone to “unusual” infections. See an HIV doctor