My husband, aged 35, suddenly struggled to talk tonight. it was one sentence he couldn't 'get out' but then got better very quickly. a few minutes earlier he said it felt like he was listening to a recording of himself while he was talking?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Aphasia: The issue here is whether this transient episode of aphasia was a transient cerebral ischemic episode which could be a forerunner of an ischemic or embolic stroke. A partial seizure.with distortion of hearing is another possibility. It may have been nether of these nor a serious event. I think a neurological consultation is advisable for peace of mind. Any appropriate testing would be done.
Dr. Richard Romano
Speech Struggle: Most likely this a problem with the brain's ability to control speech. A seizure is most likely. There could be a loss of circulation or an underlying brain lesion. You need to see a doctor; I suggest going to the emergency room now.

Last updated Feb 14, 2021