U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pascagoula, MS
A 35-year-old female asked:

15w pregnant & just found out im rh-. hx: miscarriage @ 5wks & abortion @ 7wks & no mention of rhogam in either instance from docs. should i be worried about antibodies/rh sensitivity during this current pregnancy?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Yes: Please see an obstetrician and establish a relationship for regular antenatal care. It is essential for the sake of your and your baby's health. Even if you were sensitized to Rh and your baby is Rh positive, it can be managed, but you need to see a qualified doctor. Testing baby's father can help in determining if the baby could be Rh positive. Wish you good health and a healthy baby!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 7, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.