Bolingbrook, IL

my crp level is 6.9 just increased from 2.2 in november would could cause the increase?

Dr. Jessica Allan
Depends: C-reactive protein (CRP) is an acute phase protein which is elevated with inflammation. Infections, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular disease, and some medications can lead to an increase in CRP.I would need more clinical information to postulate why your level increased. I advise you to go to your primary care doctor for an evaluation.
Dr. John Berryman
C-reactive protein ?: "CRP" elevation to "6.9" may indicate infection or coronary artery inflammation. Get a referral to a cardiologist , especially if having chest pain or pain radiating to your left arm after exertion.