Millington, MI

Is it ok to have 2 surgeries close together? i am having cmc arthroplasty on mar 10 and i need a hip tendon release. my choices for dates for that are 2/19 or 4/16. does it matter or should i choose the april appointment as it's a bit longer between?

Dr. Richard Makowiec
Hand Surgery 27 years experience
SHOULD BE FINE: You should be fine to proceed as those procedures are seperate and anatomically distinct. The one concern I would have is if you will require use of a crutch after your hip surgery you may need a modified crutch for use on the arm that has the cmc arthroplasty.

Last updated Jan 30, 2021