I have a small lump on my scalp. there is now no hair where the lump is. please advise what this is? i can't pop it because it has no head?

Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
See a doctor: There are many different causes for hair loss and subcutaneous nodules . When they occur together it narrows down the possibilities but we need a lot more details, a thorough history, and an exam. The symptoms you describe most commonly occur from fungal infection, but can also manifest in several connective tissue and autoimmune disorders such as sarcoidosis and cutaneous lupus erythematosus
Dr. John Bodell
General Surgery 51 years experience
Follow closely: The fact that you can feel this in the scalp would indicate that this is a part of the scalp, not the skull. It has grown large enough to disturb hair growth in the area. I would not touch it too much as this may be a cyst that can become infected and difficult to treat. Your PCP could be of assistance in management of the mass.

Last updated Dec 24, 2020