A 50-year-old female asked:

My son is mentally challenged as well as autistic..he has been very aggressive the last few months and hurting himself and hitting doirs and walls..please would it be possible to give him a calming tablet?. rescue and calmettes do not work...he is 30?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 44 years experience
MEDICATION: Best to discuss medication with your Psychiatrist. If uncomfortable with your Dr. consult another for a second opinion. Have a physical exam by a Dr. to determine if your son has a physical illness. Fears and anxiety could be heightened due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Try to help him feel safe & hopeful to elevate his immune system.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 16, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.