U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

My right ear became mute(muffled hearing sometimes).so i went to the doctor he told me it was due to ear wax and gave me soda glycerin eardrops. three days have passed and i dont hear(muffled hearing) from my right ear.should i go to doctor again?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Ear Wax removal: You may wish to try an ear wax removal kit, available at local pharmacies. Adding the ear drops should have softened the wax and it may come out with the kit. If that does not resolve the issue, it would be prudent to see your doctor again and if needed, request a referral to an ENT doctor. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 24, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.