NJ

I cannot hear well out of my left ear. if i get a doctor to puncture my eardrum and suck out the wax behind my eardrum, won't that damage my hearing?

Dr. Leonard Grossman
Plastic Surgery 38 years experience
Misunderstood: The ear wax is in the ear canal, before the ear drum. Removing the wax will help considerably. The procedure is very safe. Good luck from nyc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Douglas Dedo
Plastic Surgery 54 years experience
Ear exam first: Your knowledge of the ear is unfortunately incorrect. Wax forms in the external ear canal in front of the ear drum. Therefore, if wax blocking the sound from reaching your ear drum it can fe removed almost painlessly. There is absolutely no reason to puncture your ear drum. You need an audiogram (hearing test) to find your level of hearing.
Last updated Aug 24, 2019