my blood parameters are within normal (creatinine is 0.84) range but there is protein in my urine. is it a sign of stage one kidney disease?

Dr. Ljubomir Ilic
Nephrology and Dialysis 22 years experience
Proteinuria: The observed proteinuria should be verified and further quantified. If truly present, it does represent a marker of kidney disease. Furthermore, if your serum creatinine is stable around the value provided, you would indeed have CKD stage 1. More importantly however, you should see a nephrologist as causes of proteinuria vary from benign to serious.

Last updated Nov 24, 2020