ZA

My baby is 1minth old and weight 3.4 she drinks 4 bottles during the day and 3 at night . she is very restless at night and can't seem to sleep peacefully. what is wrong please help?

Dr. David Ellis
Newborn: When you notice behavior in a child as young as one month of age, it is usually significant and important to have your pediatrician or a physicians see the child to determine if there are some underlying problems that are difficult to diagnose just by talking over the phone. There can be subtle infections that her present that would need immediate treatment.
Dr. Holly Maes
Nothing wrong: Sounds like a very normal one month old. Babies do not go into the deep stage 4 sleep rhat adults have in the newborn period. They sleep lightly so the can respond to signals to waken and eat often. As the baby matures and she is gaining weight adequately, her body will allow her into deeper and longer stretches of sleep. I know you are so tired right now..hang in there, I promise it gets better

Last updated Nov 27, 2020