IN

I have had osgood schlatters since 5th grade. i still have issues with it today.sometimes, it feels like a piece of bone gets into my tendon and makes it difficult to fully bend my knee. not all the time but more frequently. should i consider surgery?

Dr. Thomas Kovack
Orthopedic Surgery 22 years experience
Possibly: Sometimes as an adult the pain from Osgood Schlatters persists and the bone that the patellar tendon attaches does not heal or fuse and continues to cause pain. If you have failed nonoperative care the usual treatment is either arthroscopic or open removal of that loose piece of bone which should resolve your symptoms as long as there is no other pathology causing your pain.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 13, 2020