I have had a toothache off and on for a while in the past month it has gotten pretty bad. i am petrified of the dentist though (especially drills and needles) and don't know what to do. i also have never had a cavity?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Leonard Pizzolatto answered

Specializes in General Practice

See a caring dentist: Please try to find a dentist that can lightly sedate you. That will take your anxiety away and allow you to be treated. In today’s modern dental world there is no need to be afraid. A tooth hurting for a month is serious and needs to be treated.

Answered 10/29/2020

31 views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Toothache: You probably have a cavity that has gone untreated (there may be others) and has caused a pocket ofi nfection (abscess) that is now spreading. Please see a local Dentist for state of the art treatment that I'm sure you will find to be relatively comfortable. Infections are dangerous and must be addressed immediately. When you call for an appointment let them knowofnyour anxieties.

Answered 11/2/2020

30 views