at 5 weeks from hcg levels were 3900 and at 7 weeks my levels were 4,400. at 7 weeks my ultrasound shows a heart beat and i had another ultrasound at 7w5d with a heart beat. should i abort before i miscarry or get another hcg test?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Stephen Pappachen
22 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Neither: A fetal heart beat is a sign of a viable pregnancy. From the perspective of treatment, nothing needs to be done at this point. It is important to keep all your routine, prenatal follow up appointments. I'm not sure, if I'm completing understanding the question.
Answered on Oct 17, 2020
Dr. Joseph Woods
28 years experience Pathology
Looks great so far ,: According to what is expected, this is well on course. The hcg might be somewhat low for 7 weeks but there’s a heartbeat. It’d be smart to keep up your regular appointments with your Dr. to monitor your progress. That way the best course of action can be determined at the appropriate time. Best of luck.
Answered on Oct 16, 2020