can jaw fracture like accordion?feels like if i have a fracture running through the mandible foramen line.like it fractured halfway through the mandible.i feel like when i talk the lower half of mandible moves separate of upper mandible.will ct show?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
40 years experience Dentistry
Fractured Mandible: A simple panoramic radiograph should be sufficient. Contact a local oral surgeon for an examination. If you do have a fracture, the bones most likely will need fixation.
Answered on Oct 18, 2020
1
Dr. Kirk Yen
Dr. Kirk Yen answered
38 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
See an oral surgeon: Most likely you fractured the bone that supports the teeth in the jaw, crestal bone. If the teeth is mobile when you touch it it is likely fractured between the crestal bone and the base of the jaw. Have it evaluated ASAP since the healing will likely be more successful when it is promptly treated. See an oral and maxillofacial surgeon for evaluation and possible x-rays
Answered on Oct 21, 2020
1