U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

i have pain in my teeth and gums on the upper and lower right side. i believe i have a chipped tooth as well. what could be causing this?

4 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dinh Bui
Dr. Dinh Buianswered
Dentistry 23 years experience
bad occlusion: When pain cannot be isolated into 1 or 2 teeth, malocclusion (the way your teeth fit together) probably is the main etiology. A chipped tooth is not as important as the wear facet on surfaces. Malocclusion can be fixed by just grinding selected spot on teeth (referred to as occlusal adjustment) in the simple case to moving teeth orthodontically (braces) to making crowns (prosthodontically).
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Many things: You may have problems with your gums, a cavity, a sinus condition, and you may be grinding your teeth as well. So many possiblities, and that's why you need to be examined locally by your dentist. S/he will determine what is causing your discomfort and give you options as to how to treat.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
See dentist: Need a thorough history, x-rays and exam to provide an answer. I would see a dentist asap.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Tooth Decay: is the most common cause of a toothache and gums pain. See your dentist, it's always important to sort out what's going on so that the right diagnosis and treatment can be selected and applied.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 31-year-old member asked:

What could cause pain during intercourse with no infection?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Uterine movement: It could be movement of the uterus during intercourse. It is held in place by ligaments which can get stretched.
A 29-year-old member asked:

How is pain from a fracture treated?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry 41 years experience
First and foremost: The fracture has to be immobilized by a cast or splint. That alone will make things a lot better. After that, there are pain medications to help deal with the early days following the injury. The pain will ease up considerably, long before the fracture has completely healed.
A 43-year-old member asked:

How should you lift things to prevent back pain?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 40 years experience
Be aware : Be aware of proper body mechanics by using your legs as your power source and keeping the load close to your body while avoiding any type of twisting or rotation as you lift. Know your limits especially with large, bulky objects or heavy ones.
A 29-year-old member asked:

What are some ways to prevent heel pain besides padding?

5 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
Supportive footwear: Heel pain often caused by insufficient support of feet. Orthotics are very helpful.
A 27-year-old member asked:

I got epidydmo orchitis and took antibiotics for almost one month. But pain still there. Blood tests and ultrsound and urinetest are good.?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Pediatrics 50 years experience
Still healing?: If the epididymitis was cleared by the antibiotic, the symptoms should have remitted by now. Possibly there is residual cord inflammation leading to persistent pain. You didn't mention if the physical exam was normal or not. Please see your doctor for an actual examination again, or consult a urologist to see what's going on.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Feb 26, 2020
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.