I had an abortion in the early part of september and now i think my bv is back.my discharge has a slight fishy smell.is this normal and can i use my bv inserts to stop the smell?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Fishy odor: Bacterial vaginosis is a very common non sexually transmitted infection caused by an overgrowth of bacteria normally present in the vagina in small numbers. It causes a fishy odor especially if there is blood or semen present. It causes vaginal discharge and an elevated ph. It is treated with antibiotics prescribed by a doctor.

Last updated Oct 11, 2020