U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

I am a male and have gotten a yeast infection from unprotected sex. i heard topical use of clotrimazole will help but i have a cream called "clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate" and want to know it this will also work?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
Things other than yeast can cause the same symptoms. If the diagnosis is certain (professionally diagnosed), this probably will work well. See a doctor if it doesn't clear up after using the cream.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 17, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.