What can i do about my daughters yeast rash? my 18mo baby was treated for a yeast rash was given ketoconazole cream.still there after 2weeks but worse. was persc. clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate and cephalexin .in the morn her left had was ho

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robin Ifft answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

A rash that has been treated with all these therapies is very difficult to make suggestions for further therapies without seeing the rash. I would have expected a typical diaper dermatitis due to yeast to have cleared with the ketoconazole. I would be hesitant to use a stronger steroid under a diaper. I would suggest making an appointment with your pediatrician or a dermatologist. Emergency room doctors are generally not use to treating diaper rashes. Rashes just have to be seen to diagnose accurately and treat appropriately.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.4k views