Yonkers, NY

My neck is in pain on the left side. when i turn it, it feels like im straining it. there is a lump on the side where it hurts and its making my head tender on that side. what should i do?

Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 40 years experience
Massage with linimen: It sounds like it may be muscle spasm, massage it may be helpful in relief of the pain however there may be something you are doing like positioning your head in using cell phone that may be causing it. You may want to use better neck posture in your use of technology. Liniment in massage may also be helpful along with muscles of the base of the head too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2020